The Community Prevention & Wellness Initiative (CPWI) is a partnership of state agencies, counties, schools and local prevention coalitions supporting communities in preventing alcohol and other drug abuse and its negative consequences. CPWI priorities include reducing underage drinking, marijuana use and opioid misuse/abuse among middle and high school aged youth. By providing evidence-based practices and promoting the positive changes in communities, we can build healthier communities.
Activities & Programs
- Monthly community meetings, training, and collaboration with other local organizations
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day events and promotion of the Starts with One Campaign
- School Policy Review and Revision
- Project Success at McLoughlin Middle School
- SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness Program
- Strengthening Families Program for Parents and Youth (10-14)